Inventu Flynet Viewer 2016ED Enhancements and Fixes
- New First-Time User Introductory Help for the FVTerm Terminal Emulator Client
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Inventu Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components
(Version: 5.0.376 July 8, 2019)
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- Added new first-time user single-page help popup. This is configurable in the View when in Profiles mode. Provides key tips that help new users better understand subjects such as printing the screen, clipboard and others. Also provides a new user the first opportunity to select the client language, and is translated into all supported languages. The design and content is based on feedback from our customers on those issues they most would like new users to be aware of, to reduce the need for emails and other help provided by their internal support and administration staff.
- For a multi-line entry field that is over 50 characters and has a field below it on the screen, word-wrap is now automatically implemented as a user is keying text into the field. This follows the same approach as a clipboard paste for multi-row fields, but now works for direct entry by the end-user.
- The new Profiles-mode capability to locate the action icons and status at the top of the page conflicted with displaying available macros for the current screen (fixed).
- Added a mappable keyboard accelerator definition (StartCopy) to start a clipboard copy operation–this activates the yellow cross-hair cursor for drawing a box around the screen area to copy. This enables users involved in repetitive copy operations to speed things-up much like the Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V actions do.
- Operator Help File updated to better reflect new functionality and user interface.
- Touch devices were not starting correctly when the action icons were positioned at the top of the screen (fixed).
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.376)
- Clustered server session allocation for reserved sessions was not always calculated properly at startup (fixed).
- New connections with changes to an existing host definition were not working consistently. Some settings, such as the TLS support activation were not being copied to the new session (fixed).
- HostPrint keyboard accelerator action now shows as [HostPrint] in trace rather than [???]
Profiles Configuration and Runtime
- Added new properties for a View to display the new user Introductory Help Page (default is yes).
Setup and Installation
- New Host and Profile Wizards now have the appropriate default CSS file based on protocol when the initial Host Connection is tested.
- Initial Setup Wizard was maximizing non-Edge web browsers, which, while maximizing vertical space, created confusion. All browsers now simply issue a warning to the user to make sure the browser has adequate height.