Inventu Flynet Viewer 2016EB Enhancements and Fixes
- Translation for 7 languages now configurable for the FVTerm Terminal Emulator Client
- AS400 / IBMi Device Printer (IBM-3812-1) is now supported for FVTerm Client printing
- Visual Studio 2019 and Additional .NET Framework Build Targets for Inventu Flynet Viewer Studio
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Inventu Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components
(Version: 5.0.374 June 21, 2019)
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.374)
- TN5250 Device Printer support has been added, emulating the IBM 3812-1 printer. This will be operational for servers that have the Printer Support feature active. There are configuration settings for the device name of the printer—this is a function of the FVTerm Client and Configuration support. Typical would be to have the user/client enter the device name for their printer the first time a connection is made. This support initially includes direct-to-HTML printing using the same functionality as used with print screens. Future releases will include transparent PCL as well as PDF printing. Note that customers looking for 3287-1 support for TN3270 hosts should contact Inventu as it will be a minor effort to add 3287-1 emulation based on the new device printer support.
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- The FVTerm Client has been localized (finally!). Over 275 words and phrases used as part of the client Web UI have been translated from English into 7 languages. These include Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch and Swedish. For a Profiles mode view, the default language for new clients can be set, as can control over the available and selection order of languages for clients to optionally select in the settings dialog.
- Device Printer support UI and controls added—currently supported for TN5250 connections on servers with the printer feature. When a user with the printer feature active on a TN5250 profile connects, a new Icon will be displayed – which has the title of “Click to Start Host Device Printing”. The same Icon is used for stopping a printer session along with popup information bubbles that hover over the printer control icon. New print jobs, when completed by the host are displayed as an HTML print job (132 column in rotated landscape mode). Edge and Chrome browsers include a nice print preview as well as a PDF option.
- Focus for keyboard entry has been improved following a print dialog (for both print screens and device print jobs)–following close of the Printer Dialog, focus will be set to the emulator page so that the user will not need an additional click for function and other keys to work correctly.
- TN5250 entry fields now have full null support—recent versions were padding with blanks due to a change in the TN3270 NULL handling—TN5250 has now been aligned so that entry fields will not have extra blanks.
- The top Menu in a 5250 screen on line 4 was not being set as clickable—this has been fixed.
- UserID when defaulted sometimes was not using the client IP address as a fall-back for uniquely identifying a connected client at the server
- Status message box styling was improved to improve readability and recognizability—this can still be overridden with the View setting Status Message Background Color
- FVSessions.js updated to add new function TypeAtRowCol(text, row, column) which will, starting at row, column, type in the text as if the user were typing. This will auto-skip when appropriate within a screen when the text exceeds the length of the starting field. This has also changed the internals of the Transactions function to avoid truncation with the “T” action code.
- FVTermParent.js added a dataCache object that can be used by child FVTerm iframes to store data in order to speed-up subsequent FVTerm iframe initialization by avoiding AJAX loading from the server of static data, such as a Locale language text JSON file.
- In IE, some dialogs were not working correctly due to the emulation logic “grabbing” keystrokes—this has been fixed.
Profiles Configuration and Runtime
- Added new properties for a Profile to support 5250 Print devices
- Printer DeviceID – options for user to set the Printer DeviceID or a template that can base the printer device ID on the connected display device ID.
- Added new View properties related to localization (translation) of the FVTerm client interface:
- Default Client Language/Locale – used to set the default language for a View
- Allow Users to Change Client Language/Locale – Boolean, when true (default), user can change language in the Settings dialog
- Languages that User Can Select – a list of 2 character language codes, space separated that determine the order and included languages for user selection
- New functions
- GetSessionAlert() returns a string for an active alert (includes printer status messages for the new device printer support)
- startDevicePrinter(String DeviceID, String filetype) – starts a device printer with the specified deviceID and filetype (currently HTM is supported, PCL and PDF are planned)
- stopDevicePrinter() – stops a started device printer connection
Setup and Installation
- New Host and Profile Wizards will now open without a title area to maximize vertical space. On many VM environments the screen size is very small requiring vertical space for the emulator area in the wizard to be optimized/maximized.
- The new scrubbing feature added in 2016EA no longer fails to replace strings with the Ampersand (&) character and a few other special characters due to an internal XML un-escape being implemented.
Inventu Flynet Viewer Studio
(Version: 184.108.40.206 June 21, 2019)
- Added support for generating solutions and projects targeting Visual Studio 2019
- Improved detection of installed versions of Visual Studio as well as auto-selecting the highest installed version for new projects
- Added support for .NET Frameworks 4.7.1, 4.7.2 and 4.8
- Improved (significantly) detection of build packages for .NET Frameworks–prior logic used highest version installed rather than enumerating actual SDK reference folders–this now will select the highest buildable .NET framework for new projects