Inventu Flynet Viewer 2016EJ Enhancements and Fixes
- New Features: FVTerm Crosshair Cursor Option and Mouse Wheel Screen Paging
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Inventu Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components
(Version: 5.0.382 October 21, 2019)
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- The cursor can now be set by the user and Profile default as “Crosshair” which displays a vertical line to the left of the cursor location and horizontal line below it. The color and width of the line can be set with the Profile configuration by an administrator.
- The user’s Mouse Wheel can now be programmed to control paging of screens—can be set by an Administrator using the Profiles Configuration Page.
- 5250 Auto-Entry Input field support added – on filling an AutoEntry field, the emulator will send an ENTER key for the user.
- Keyboard mapping tool can now remap a key or key combination to enter any of the standard characters A-Z as a keystroke.
- Added support for Menu Item detection for non-5250 protocols. Prior versions automatically added menu detection and made menu items clickable if the protocol was 5250. Profile new property “Detect Menu Items and Make Clickable” will default TRUE for 5250 and FALSE for other protocols but can be changed to enable/disable this feature.
- 5250 Right-Justify Numeric fields with Field Exit keys inconsistent with large fields (more than 20 characters). Fixed in this release.
- When FVTerm is in an independent browser window (not in an iFrame controlled by the FVTermParent.js API), when moving focus between the emulator tab and other browsers/desktop applications, if focus is returned to the FVTerm browser window through any means, the keyboard will now process keystrokes. Prior versions required clicking-into the FVTerm browser page to re-activate the keyboard.
Setup, Profiles Configuration and Runtime
- The Profile setting Cursor Style now include Crosshair as a default option.
- Added new Profile settings for Crosshair Cursor Mode: Color for Crosshair Cursor Mode and Width for Crosshair Cursor Mode.
- Added new Profile settings for the new Mouse Wheel feature: Mouse Wheel Sends PageUp or PageDown Keys, Mouse Wheel Page Up Key and Mouse Wheel Page Down Key – the tool will provide a list of standard Enter, PageUp, PageDown and Function keys to be sent as part of the new Mouse Wheel option.
- Updated Configuration online help to include new settings that had been added over the last few months.
- New option “Detect Menu Items and Make Clickable” provides control for detection of on-screen menus (see FVTerm Client description of this feature).
- When adding a new Host definition, prior releases were not automatically bridging to creating a new Profile based on the new Host, as well as not refreshing the treeview list of active host definitions.
- New Host definitions settings for “DeviceID / LUName / Answerback” and “Custom Device ID / LUName Template” were being stored incorrectly in the registry, leading to Editor errors while changing the settings. Fixed in this release.
- New setting for ASCII Host definitions – “Treat Line Feeds as Carriage Return / Line Feed” which defaults new sessions to starting a new line at the leftmost column instead of simply indexing down one row. Some hosts will display initial messages oddly formatted without this option. Prior versions have this setting in the registry and required using the registry editor to activate this mode.
- For ASCII hosts, the “Scroll History Maximum Lines” was only working if set in the web.config file, not in the Configuration Profile