Flynet Viewer 2016EA Enhancements and Fixes
- Profile-Based Configuration Now Default – Integrated with Setup for New Installs
- Profile Configuration Help File – All New
- Recordings can Now be Scrubbed Easily and Repeatedly of Sensitive Data
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components
(Version: 5.0.373 May 14, 2019)
Profile-Based Configuration Support
The Profile-Based Configuration Administration User Interface continues to be enhanced and built-out.
- User storage of preferences can now be set to “Server” and changes to preferences will be stored using the userID (the setting was there in prior versions but was not activated until this version). Client IP instead of a text User ID can also be used but a warning will be displayed since this is unreliable in many network environments.
- View setting for Tiles vs. Icons has also now been implemented, along with the ability to set the background color for the Tiles or Icons in the View.
- The Help for Profiles Settings was completed (all settings now have help which has been updated to cover Profile mode). The help has been uploaded to the FlynetSoftware.com help folders. A future version will enable unzipping a local copy of the new Profiles help HTML folder to enable access in locked-down servers.
- Some Track colors and status were not being properly set in Profile Host Connection settings during editing
- CfgAdmin.htm has retry and reload attempts incorporated to accommodate being loaded as the Services are still starting in a fresh installation
- Added retry and error checking when loading Profile and View files to cover possible server startup issues with network drive availability
- Added Logging of Profile and View loading to the FVProfile.log file
- NewHost and NewProfile Wizard Button locations for Previous and Next were made consistent regardless of visibility; the Next Button was moved to be grouped closer to the Previous and Cancel buttons to improve usability. When the page was very wide, the Next button wasn’t that easily located for a new user.
- Profiles Configuration for AD Groups missing an editor button enabling selection from a list of available groups
- Profile security for Groups access to a View made more reliable
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- The View Menu presentation was improved for large numbers of host connections along with the Profiles mode enhancement of displaying Icons instead of Tiles for selecting a host connection.
- Macro storage and retrieval is now more tightly associated with the active Profile name and Macro Application ID for the session. Active host name was being used, which could lead to confusion when managing multiple profiles that connect to the same host.
- User Preferences can now be stored at the server-reducing reliance on cookies, as well as providing portability between devices for the same user
- Websocket server-side cleanup made more efficient following a lost client connection.
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.371)
- SSH Library Initialization added to support dynamic new host definition that is part of the NewHost CfgAdmin setup configuration flow for SSH hosts
- Added logging of text being searched for new host connect in trace mode
3270 Protocol-Specific Changes
- Prior versions would change the cursor position inside an entry field so that it was on the last non-blank character. The cursor position will now stay as set by the host. This provides better support for host 3270 editors like ISPF
- Rare circumstance caused duplicated data inside an entry field causing all subsequent fields to be skewed to higher positions on the screen. Discovered during global search and replace off a certain column position in the 3270 ISPF editor.
Setup and Installation
- A new install is now defaulted to Profile Mode and creates the appropriate Profile and View files for a new setup
- Setup now runs the CfgAdmin.htm page instead of Help at end of the Setup—if first-time install, will run in install mode, which will automatically run the NewHost and NewProfile wizards for the Host1 definition created by the setup. This includes additional prompts and assists to guide a first-time installer through the profile definitions and connection wizard.
- The IIS Web Server service status is now checked at the end of the setup to ensure that the service is started and has a setting of AutoStart. If the status is Disabled, while it will be changed to AutoStart, a Popup warning will be displayed to the setup user as there may be a domain group policy that will continue to interfere with the IIS web service without an administrative change.
- A text scrubbing option has been added—Ctrl-H or Search – Scrub Text. Provides up to 10 search-replace pairs with assistance with cues to ensure the lengths of the search and replace text is the same.
- Scrubbing form has a save/restore with a file name, so that multiple sets of scrub definitions can be saved and re-used.
- By always using the same test subjects, the same scrub items (for example, social security numbers, names and other sensitive data) can be “fixed” easily and consistently.
- Recording files were not being converted from the original log/trace format due to a months-old regression. This did not impact usability in Viewer Studio, but the recording files were much larger, as the conversion removes all the hexadecimal buffer records. A check was made so that no passwords will be included in the converted recording (any password attribute field is changed to “Pass” if changed). Without this fix, the text scrubbing would have left sensitive data in the hexadecimal buffers.