Flynet Viewer 2016R Enhancements and Fixes
- New 2016 Branding Reflecting Continuous Enhancements
- New Stretchable and Downloadable Fonts for FVTerm Terminal Emulation
- New Server-Side Macros for FVTerm Terminal Emulation
- Panel Layout Editor for Studio Designer Islands & Panels
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components (Version: 5.0.247)
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.247)
- Administrators Console now displays license status in upper right
- XTERM Protocol added as terminal-type configuration option as well as in the distributed keyboard definitions
- Added support for Subscription-based Licenses with expiration dates
- License Clustering improved to better handle when a server is over-committed
- Added licensing support for terminal emulation “Lite” feature selection
- Printing creation of HTML print files vs. PDF added as new option for simple print output (no PCL; text only)
- Telnet Handshake 3270/5250 improved-if DeviceID/LUName is rejected (already in-use), FVTerm users sees appropriate message, instead of the underlying logic continuing to re-attempt a connection
- Fixed TLS buffer size issues for certain network environments that broke buffers-up at odd times
- Fixed how unprintable 3270 characters are handled, as well as some color fixes for complex editing environments
- Fixed System Home key for 3270
- ASCII F9 in certain custom keyboard definitions not defined correctly, also fixed terminfo.txt parsing for raw copies from UNIX definitions
- Screen Save/Restore for 5250 refactored to send/receive whole buffers to the AS400/IBM i to correct problems with users that are timed-out and reconnect with same DeviceID
- Added 5250 WRITE_ERROR_CODE_WINDOW command support
- VT/ViewPoint/XTerm/Wyse Synchronization fixes, minor protocol extensions implemented
- Added MULTINATIONAL VT translate table to work directly with code page 1252
- VT/ViewPoint/Wyse BoxDraw commands extended so that Unicode is directly employed at FVTerm client to avoid issues with box-drawing characters and encoding issues
- IND$File minor fixes for 3270 file transfer
- New allocatedSessions static integer HostConnection property
- Added internal support for Server-Side Macros synchronization
- GetFVTermFeatures method returns active licensed FVTerm Lite Features
- New static method “GetSessionOwnerCount” that enables counting active sessions by starting text in LUOwner field
- Connect method now detects a rejected DeviceID or LUName cleanly
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- New Server Macros provide the ability to write .NET assemblies that publish callable methods for initiation by FVTerm clients. Server Macros inherit a provided class to integrate with the FVTerm IIS environment and can prompt the client for single values or a whole form’s worth; file push and pull requests as well as screen keystroking and data integration. Server Macros can be converted from Attachmate and Rumba VBA macros to provide a migration path for desktop terminal emulator macros.
- Mobile Browsers compatility updated to match latest versions (November 2016) – Improved layout support as part of Font Stretching implementation
- Font Stretching has been added as a default option. For modern browsers, this enables the font geometry to be altered so that the complete web page is filled with the active emulation area (no more empty spaces on the left and right).
- New Downloadable Fonts architecture implemented. Many new fonts that are public access due to Google sponsorship have been included in the FVTerm installation. Additional monospaced fonts can be added in the new Fonts folder tree, then added to web.config. All popular browsers supported, even IE6.
- New downloadable fonts include Anonymous Pro, Droid Sans Mono, Lekton, Monofur, Nova Mono, PT Mono, Share Tech Mono, Source Code Pro, Ubuntu Mon and VeraMono.
- Macro design and support tweaks and enhancements
- Support for .woff and .woff2 extensions are added to older IIS versions during setup to support downloadable fonts
- Box Drawing characters are now implemented in the client using defined Unicode characters and special escapes in the datastream sent to the client
- Cursor block mode now has color set based on a contrast algorithm that ensures the character inside the cursor is highly visible no matter which color is chosen for the block cursor
- Clipboard Copy and Paste tweaked to better support all browsers
- Web Sockets improvements in graceful degradation to AJAX and user feedback in tray icons
- Android devices now have a separate web.config default font (Droid Sans Mono) as Android does not have native “Courier New” support
- SCTerm.html now has an area identified with comments that the installer will copy during an upgrade. This allows custom document.domain settings and other customizations that are preserved during an upgrade setup
- Tweaked WebSocket and Ajax support for actions taken when user closes browser intentionally (close session)
- Azure Active Directory configuration-added support to automatically find thumbprint of all eligible private keys used for a site. This prevents downtime if Azure “rolls” the active certificate. This enhancement includes support for up to four thumbprints generated into the web.config and managed by the AzureAD Security Option in the CfgAdmin.htm page.
- History display now shows keystrokes for 3270 and 5250 host types
- Added “ShowHistory” as a keyboard option for programming keys such as Alt-H to display the history
- Added drop-down lists as a in-situ Field Upgrade for the FVTerm HTML client environment. Field Upgrades are defined in FldDefs.json, located in the __Public folder of a host macros folder
- Default 3270 colors contrast improved to better match desktop terminal emulator look
- Cookie expiration was not compatible with Firefox in some versions
Microsoft Management Console Add-In (FVMMC) and Recorder 2.0
- Improved support for integration with License Clustered Servers and viewing their status in the integrated view
- Very large screen sizes were breaking the terminal emulator function, XML parsing fixed to accomodate “chopped” buffers
- Recording Viewer improved to support special HTML characters escapes
Flynet Viewer Studio (Build: 18.104.22.168)
- New Panel Layout Editor for the IslandPanel elements used for Responsive Web User Interface designs. This new layout editor is opened for each IslandPanel and is modeless so that multiple layout editors may be open at one time. Drag-and-Drop of elements are supported within and in-between panels, making a re-design of a crowded and cryptic screen easier.
- Panel Layout Editor makes it easy to select fields or labels in one view and update properties in the properties grid. Without the layout editor, this was a clumsy action, as either labels or fields needed to be edited at a given time.
- Added Option Tab Settings for Panel Layout Font, FontSize and assumed generated Page Width, to be used in the Panel Layout Editor, in order to try to match the visual look of the HTML version of the same panel once generated
- Added UseFieldEntryClass property to enable field-level data entry for character mode hosts, using a parent field-level class
- Added ability to copy-and-paste Islands, Island Panels and all Islands between screen definitions. This makes it easy to copy designs when screens have common features, such as a bottom area containing messages and function key definitions.
- In Mapping Wizard and the Actions Collection Editor, added new support for Function Key definitions that have the number of the function key following the text description. This is implemented in the ActionParsing.txt file, which has new comments describing the “Location-After” setting and the “Splitter” setting, used to define a character such as a vertical bar as the separator between function key definitions.
- The .fvproj file is now saved in expanded XML format to make merging in team environments easier
- ScreenGroup definitions Islands and IslandPanels were not functioning–these are now integrated and working, so that if a common header across multiple screens are defined in the ScreenGroup, generated pages will incorporate the ScreenGroup’s Islands
- Some ASCII host Recordings were not importing correctly and screens were missing. This was when single keystrokes were used to move to another screen, where the keystroke was not ENTER or F2, but the letter “a”…and positioning of the prior keystroke made it appear to be an “echo”.
- Changed default option for DefaultPageTemplate from “Panel Divs” to “Responsive”
Generated Applications Framework
- Added support for targeting Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 as a generation option
- Added support for “Beyond Compare” (BCompare.exe) as a differencing tool, adding to WinDiff.exe and WinMerge.exe for circumstances where a merge is needed between user changes and new code generation changes
- Minor navigation fixes for large, complex navigation trees
- For ASCII hosts, improved support for screen-changes initiated by a single keystroke or other text character not considered an action key (“autoskip”)…
- Added support for new UIEntryByFieldID.cs generation for VT hosts that have unique field data entry characteristics
- Generated List classes now include a cache of the last block of rows read, and the GetRows method includes a new optional parameter (fromCache)
Modernized Web UI Generation
- See descriptions of Island and Island Panel enhancements above
- Implemented a new variant of Responsive Island and IslandPanel generation (PanelGenVersion=Version2) that is set at the Definition element level. Better automatic assignment of labels and data fields to columns in the target IslandPanel is the goal of the new logic
- Field-level AJAX data entry for ASCII hosts implemented, with integrated refresh of changed fields at the web page. This supports dynamic changes as the user enters and tabs through fields.
- Added DocumentDomain property to a page in the generation Wizard — this allows a document domain to be generated into all the pages necessary to properly integrate with a containing frame that may be originating from a different web server
- Improved support for the resource folder so that additional types of modules can be included (like in the Tasks folder) and they will be copied after the generation of the module(s) they may be replacing. Prior versions would generate afterwards, requiring a manual copy at the start of development
- Generated “inline” HTML tables for multirow include support for widths of entry fields so that they match the defined field width.
- In the generated code List Classes, SetListCursor for ASCII hosts was not properly using keystrokes to position the cursor at the currect row
- Implemented support for screen pop-ups displayed in series. Prior versions would break if a popup occured that was not on top of the previous one but “right after” it. New generated application framework will now display the first popup, then read the data of the underlying screen except where the new popup overlays, in which case the “stale” data will be used…then the new popup is displayed.
- FVUI.css was missing CSS classes for the calendar control as well as the “fldError” class use to display a red error text underneath a field. FVUI.css is used for Responsive page generated applications.
- HTML Meta tag “viewport” was added to top-level generated pages to better support mobile deployment
- Generated multi-row Inline HTML tables-number of enhancements and tweaks to support click and other events
- Field-level validation was added to the RadioButton and Checkbox Flynet web controls as well as the Studio template properties (ValidationFunction and so on)
- Refactored generated code reading of dynamic labels so that the screen reads are now performed in the controller class, so that there is a proper separation of concerns as well as better control over when the labels are read
- Generated a dictionary of popup screens that provides the ability to identify the rectangle that an active popup is occupying on the screen, in the base task class.
Web Service Generation
- Fixed some problems when generating web services into a UI Projects, so that WCF services can run in the same project as ASPX pages.
- Added individual UI Field data entry for ASCII hosts to web service methods