Flynet Viewer 2013GE Enhancements and Fixes
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components(Version: 5.0.143)
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.143)
- Flynet production servers now support user-based concurrent licensing for terminal emulation. This is for organizations that have typically more than one session open per user.
- SSH support enhanced to provide better feedback to users for authorization or connection errors–an invalid password no longer retries without user feedback
- SSH Connections with many active users simultaneously connecting were causing errors
- Continuous improvements in AccuTerm, ViewPoint, Wyse and VT100/VT220/VT320 terminal protocols covering screen attributes and highly optimized “send-changes-only” HTTP updates to client
- The Flynet Print Server is now offered to customers with full-function production server licenses. The print server currently supports ViewPoint and VT printing-to-PDF with automatic display of new print PDF files at the client.
- Setup now will set TSL/SSL or SSH automatically if the connection port is 992 (TLS) or 22 (SSH)– a hint is provided in the UI
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- FVTerm client-side logic will alert user to possible server-side .NET configuration problems while displaying any active IIS error information. In past versions there was no feedback other than the settings icon in the lower left displaying as a white block
- Print Server integration to display new print job PDF files at the web client for ViewPoint and other ASCII protocols. Available for TN3270 and TN5250 depending on customer requirements.
- Added support for configuring default and individual cursor styles. Previously cursor was a blinking block; it can now be a blinking block, solid block, blinking cursor (underscore) or solid cursor.
- New CSS selectable sheet added for traditional TN3270 with brighter colors and entry fields without any background color
- Web.config can now suppress display of both settings and help metro menu tiles as well as individual icons in the tray area
- TN3270 keystroke defaults were changed for PageUp (now PA1), PageDown (now PA2) and Right-Control (now Next Line) to better match defaults for common 3270 emulators
- Both AJAX and WebSockets continuous enhancements in keystroking and page refresh under unreliable network conditions
- New Status window can be displayed from the settings form or by clicking on the status display right-side of the tray area
- Websockets auto-reconnect with configurable reversion to AJAX mode for users accessing behind firewalls or other security environments that block WebSockets
- Session Folders continuously enhanced and extended to support more client-side interaction with tree-view, create folders, delete folders and so on.
- Support for user-based licensing with configuration options to define a user on Windows/AD user or client fully qualified IP address.
- Added additional flexibility for client connections to define all parameters of the connection to support customer environments with thousands+ of target hosts.
- Macro support for Excel integration improved to support selecting the Sheet/Tab name when opening a spreadsheet file for read/write actions, and color-coding cells when updating a sheet.
- Macro synchronization with screen updates tightened to improve reliability when performing long-running data entry/inquiry spanning thousands of screens/transactions.
- Macro scripts now can display a status information display to provide progress information along with a cancel button for the user to stop a long-running macro if desired.
Flynet Viewer Studio (Build: 18.104.22.168)
Flynet Studio Development Environment
- Added support for controlling which characters are trimmed from a label, as well as a context menu allowing labels to be “cleaned-up” based on the active trim options
- Numerous new properties supporting enhancements described below
Generated Applications Framework
- The Resource Folder property used to manage custom images and CSS files for UI generation was renamed to VisualStudioFolderName and the concept was extended to support merging of any Visual Studio project resource for the Etc, Tasks and Web folders (Web for UI Generation only).
- Many classes are now generated as partial .NET classes enabling simplified management of extensions in team environments
- Improved auto-navigation generation which was ignoring some paths in favor of exiting a screen towards the home screen
- Simulated Host Script generation improved support for systems with odd screen size initial displays
Modernized Web UI Generation
- Assorted minor bug fixes and enhancements contributing to improved operation and customization of the generated application at the Visual Studio level
- Actions now can target a specific user-specified screen to better support Composite screen environments
- Duplicate labels are detected and unique ID’s will be generated (avoiding a compiler error)
- Can now preview Composite pages in the FV Studio Web Preview – click on the composite page in the Tasks tree-view and select the Web Preview tab
- Improved generation of buttons for Composite screens
- Selection Popups (F4) improved to tighten control of how the selection updates the web page since some selections update more than the single field being selected
- Client-side Field validation bug fixes, enhancements and properties added for further flexibility and functionality when implementing validation
- Implemented data propagation for auto-filling initial field values if part of a multi-screen data entry work activity. Some host applications do not carry forward new values entered from screen-to-screen forcing the user to re-key the same value. This enhancement enables control over auto-filling values for the user in such a scenario.
- Added a HeaderHTML property to allow customized HTML for the header section in module pages
- Inline View Tables (multirow lists) were extended to add more of the subfile style click and data entry support