Flynet Viewer 2013DU Major Upgrades, Enhancements and Fixes
- New Web UI Templates and Properties for generating Responsive Web Applications
- Expanded terminal support for popular ViewPoint and Wyse UNIX/LINUX Protocols
- SSH Now Supported when connecting to SSH Hosts
- TLS/SSL now Supported for Mainframe and AS400 Host connections
- New Print Server support for Print-to-PDF integrated with the FVTerm emulation environment
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components(Version: 5.0.93)
Flynet Print Server
- Added Print Server Feature with managed conversion of print jobs to PDF files which are automatically downloaded to the terminal browser session for the user to view, save and/or print directly.
- The Flynet Print Server requires the server to be a full function server, which is an upgrade from the emulation-only version and also includes support for Web Services and Enhance Web UI features
- Initial support is for VT/ViewPoint/Wyse/ANSI terminal types but expect to add TN3270 and TN5250 printer support in 2015
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.93)
- Added full TLS/SSL support for Mainframe TN3270 and AS400 TN5250 using the Microsoft SCHANNEL and SSPI architecture. Any TLS level, including FIPS compliant TLS 1.0 can be configured for each host. Note that with this support, Stunnel is no longer needed for SSL/TLS connections.
- Added SSH Terminal Emulation Support using licensed BitVise libraries for high performance, secure SSH connections.
- Added new protocol support for ADDS-ViewPoint and Wyse terminal types as well as improved support for SCO-ANSI
- Added screen recognition support for TTY Prompts, where the cursor location is used to offset into recognition text to avoid variable portions that change depending on such elements as the active user ID
- Added support for the SEND-LOCATION Telnet option, which allows the Flynet server to forward a user’s IP address to the UNIX/Linux host.
- Improved randomness and uniqueness of session keys to prevent any possibility of a security attack based on predicted keys
- Added support for keyboard definitions copied directly from UNIX/LINUX Terminfo files, for managing unique function keys for any terminal type such as ViewPoint, SCO-ANSI , Wyse for VT220. This is in the definitions folder in the Terminfo.txt file. The CustVTKeys.dat file is still supported but is no longer recommended.
- Fixed some 3270 protocol issues related to heavily optimized 3270 host environments, as well as some primitive Teletype commands that were improperly implemented originally.
- Console Port is now protected from large query stack-frame attacks as well as having better exception handling to prevent an attack from crashing the service
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- WebSocket support is now available for IIS platforms (like Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 and Windows 10) and browsers that support WebSockets. This has improved performance and reduced network traffic, particularly for ASCII protocols like VT220 or ADDS-Viewpoint.
- Security enhanced with all session information now hidden in secure cookies for links and URL’s
- Continued improvements and consistency in cross-browser and touch device support including Android support for ASCII terminal protocols and tighter box-drawing in ASCII environments
- Added Screen History support, which enables users to view up to 250 previous screens as viewed and modified during the active terminal emulation session
- Added support for printing using the new Print Server which converts print output to PDF files. FVTerm will automatically download the PDF for the user to act on as soon as a print job is ready
- Added support for configurable Session Folders, which enable a terminal emulation user to have a mapped network folder for file upload/download/delete. A dynamically compiled C# module provides logic for mapping a userID to a particular folder.
- New icon to display virtual keyboard on touch devices and improved keyboard options for ASCII terminals including cursor movement
- Added improved clipboard support using tray icons. This is particularly useful in improved copying of blocks of the screen area as well as supporting keystroking of a paste when using an ASCII protocol such as VT220 or ADDS-Viewpoint.
- Added a new easy-configuration web page for use by administrators. This makes it easier to make configuration changes that previously required direct editing of the web.config file for the FVTerm IIS Application
- Added User-based password-protected access to Admin Console, Flynet Microsoft Management Console (FVMMC), Trace Viewer and Recording Viewer features. When active, users can be added and edited and given specific rights. An example of use is restricting server administrators from being able to view user sessions
- Added configuration options for TLS/SSL and SSH security protocols for host connections
- Added configuration for new protocols (ViewPoint, Wyse)
- Corrected bugs in the Admin Settings UI
- Improved new session connections for Administrator terminal emulation
- If host definitions are changed, now prompts for optional display of the Terminal Emulation Configuration page
- Now supports tracing by individual sessions — set sessions to trace to a single exclamation mark
- Core emulation service splits tracing by session
- Trace Viewer will provide session selection at startup and with a menu option if multiple session tracing is active
Installers and Setup
- All Flynet components now are .NET Framework 4.0 and require no FW2.0 or FW3.5 components to install or function
- A special .NET Framework 2.0 Zip of the FVTerm application is available for side-by-side installation in SharePoint 2010 environments, where the FVTerm folder needs to share the same site as SharePoint 2010, which will only allow Framework 2.0 applications
- Improved IIS configuration so that location and setup for the FVTerm application is more reliable for IIS6 platforms.
- Added configuration of the SCTerm.html file as the default document so that a URL need only point at the fvterm application folder to initiate a terminal emulation session.
- FVTerm setup now includes upgrading the web.config to add any new feature support such as HTTP handlers for WebSockets, PDF and session folders.
- Pooled session management has been improved, fixing some issues with sessions not being released to the pool under high transaction fluctuations.
- Added setMDT function for setting a field’s modified data tag so that its data is sent on an enter for TN3270 and TN5250
- Added read-only property to detect if a significant change has occurred to a character mode terminal session screen
- Added SessionFolder and SessionPrint folder functions and properties for managing a user’s data folders and print folder based on an active session
- Added control functions for printer functions
- Added property for checking the host idle time on the HostConnection object
- Added property to read/write a user session Cookie name (for hiding sessionkeys)
- Property on HostConnection to get or set sessionUserLocation for sending user location to UNIX/Linux hosts that request it
- Property to determine if a print server job is active
Flynet Viewer Studio (Build: 18.104.22.168)
Flynet Studio Development Environment
- Improved how a user Creates a new Solution so that prompts and Wizards assist the user in how to create a new Solution, a New Project and then import the first Recording.
- Added new Editors for defining Island and Island Panels – this includes the ability to do omit/include filters that enable moving labels and fields to different panels than their physical location on the source screen. The panel field editor is accessed by clicking in the IslandPanel FieldGroupFilter property
- Added a new label-to-field association editor (“Associate Fields”). This is accessed by right-clicking on the Labels node in the Solution Treeview and selecting the Associate Fields Menu Item
- Field Mapping Wizard was improved for more consistent field selection in complex screens
- Mouse support for viewing screen details from the magnifying glass icon improved to provide more consistent results when mousing-over or clicking to view individual screens.
- New Project Wizard no longer displays the confusing custom LU Name page as this is needed rarely and can always be added when needed using the property
- Multiple bug fixes and enhancements to support multiple Projects merging into a single project for generation within the owning Flynet Solution.
- For UI Task Projects, improved the Visual Studio / Find Changes Made… option so that user class overrides for Controller classes can be saved in the FV Studio project.
- Task Visual Studio / Find Changes… option improved for better WinDiff and WinMerge support. As WinDiff.exe is no longer included in VS2012 and up, options to use WinMerge were added to the compare option in find changes.
- Additional tweaks for ASCII hosts including a special key to enter if tabbing off last field in a screen
- Screen Recorder 2.0 now has more flexible management of target/source folder for viewing and saving recordings.
- Better integration of the Recording Import Wizard with different methods of adding a recording to a Project’s recordings list
- Recording Import has better recognition of a Character/ASCII mode host recording
- Tasks Treeview now will prompt for use of a Wizard when adding a new Project, TaskModule or Task in a WebServices project
- Added TTYPrompt support for recognition areas–this enables a sliding window so that in a TTY environment it is easier and more reliable to recognize a prompt as a screen for data entry purposes.
- Duplicate Field and Label names are now prevented. When a project is loaded that contains duplicate field/label names in a screen, a notification is displayed as each duplicate name has a number appended to ensure uniqueness.
Generated Applications Framework
- Added support for Visual Studio 2013
- Upgraded CodeSmith Generator Engine to Version 7
- The Default Framework for generation was changed from Framework 2.0 to Framework 4.0
- Navigation Engine was extended for improved optimization and accuracy when a very large network of recordings and screens is processed
- Added Push and Pop support for active Debug log level–this enables certain blocks of code to override the active level to enable logging. For example, when trying to diagnose a runtime issue for a specific area with detailed logging while not wanting to have detailed logging for the entire project.
- The “IgnoreNavigationFields” property is now ignored. When this was not set to true, many screens would cause a generation to fail until it was clicked. The value of this extra check was not worth the aggravation
- For Pooled sessions, the encrypted sign-on credentials are now encrypted and decrypted using FIPS-certified AES calls. The credentials editor for changing passwords now supports both multiple pools and easier management of ID/PW per session definitions.
- Improved support for generation in x64 platforms to avoid assembly reference errors in certain situations, also some changes in options during generation were not being saved for subsequent generations.
- Selection of target IIS WebSite and Application pool improved and integrated with common Flynet IIS API.
- New options for overwriting Web.Config file as well as clearing the target solution folder during a generation (note that this will still retain copies of any modified file in the target solution folders)
- Fixed a bug with the Application Log viewer that caused exceptions trying to view certain log files
- For web services, parameters and return values have improved formatting in the application logs
- For both Web Services and UI Projects, added parameter to pass user’s location (IP Address) to the logon so that location support can be implemented for UNIX/Linux hosts that require it.
Modernized Web UI Generation
- New Responsive Web UI Templates which add new CSS options and the concept of Islands and Panels for managing labels and fields in resizable html DIV elements. Island and Panel editor added as well as new label and field filters for including/omitting fields and labels from panels (allows moving fields and labels to a more natural location on screens that are poorly designed).
- Improved security including moving all sessionkeys to cookies and added option to prevent user from saving userid, password and other entry field values when signing on and using other sensitive data (such as social security numbers). For browsers that support the autocomplete attribute.
- Multiple language support for all buttons, labels and table headers – for when a host supports multiple languages and label and button text changes based on a user’s native language. Implemented using dynamic Labels, which will read the value from the live screen to populate the label. For screen-based applications that have localized language in the screen titles and labels. The dynamic labels option can be set by project, screen and individual label using the DynamicLabels properties.
- The InlineView MultiRow generation template was significantly expanded to provide a smoother and cleaner UI with ClickFunctionKeys, ClickSetsCursor and customized field tiptext. Integrated data entry is also now supported for this template which is designed to work best in a Response Web UI hosting page.
- Added support for a version text string with auto-increment optional. The version is displayed in the web page header.
- Added “IncludeFilter” option to filter which fields on a mapped screen will appear in the generated web page. This option was previously only available for the “Quickview” page for a screen.
- Input fields now have click support to set cursor location and optionally enter a function key (or select from a list of function keys). A configurable icon is displayed to the right of the field for the user to click.
- The SeparateControlClasses generation was re-factored to enable a Controller user class region similar to Web Service Task classes. This makes overrides easier to implement and save to the FVStudio project. The Visual Studio / Find Changes in Generated Project has also been enhanced to support identifying changes to the UI Controller class.
- Improved error handling for both generation of reports and user interface
- Function key support is improved to enable generic function key management across the application
- HTML5 cross-browser compatibility implemented for generated pages including fixes to the Calendar control and implementation of cross-browser function key trapping (no more Internet Explorer and ActiveX control needed for native function key linking to buttons)
- Enhanced integration of web application pages with unexpected host error screens and alerts
Web Service Generation
- Added support for a version text string with auto-increment optional. The version can be incorporated into return values by customizing the generated code