- Cross Browser compatibility has been extended to all aspects for the ASP.NET Emulation, SharePoint Web Part and Enhanced UI Framework — the IE warnings no longer display…Support for Opera remains sketchy, however.
- New FVTerm Emulation support for the iPad – Provides new web page specifically to optimize iPad support
- Major new feature: Screen Auditing, selected by the Task or UI Project to generate code to catch changes in screens and send an email report in production environments
- New UI Page type: Stacked Tabs…read full post for more info…
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components(Version: 5.0.18)
FlyServer Emulation Service (FlyServer.exe version 5.0.18)
Administration Console: Fixed old bug with changing the Connect Test Text, Row and Column, where leaving an entry blank led to the application locking-up
- Improved 3270 clear screen detection–again– for more rare buffers that previously set the write flag
- Added “trimChar” attribute to the top-level XML element to allow underscore or dash to be used in addition to the blank as a trim to determine a data entry match (for hosts that, for example, fill many input fields with the underscore character).
ViewerLib.dll and ViewerLib4.dll Assemblies
- getScreenAttrAt: new method to support Screen Audits, will only read a screen attribute from the exact offset provided. Otherwise behaves exactly like the getScreenAttr method (the existing getScreenAttr will search to the left for the first attribute if the specified offset is not an attribute)
- waitForScreen was failing when a default (unrecognized screen) displayed following a keyboard unlock, as the appearance of the default screen preventing a reset of the internal buffer counters used in the detection of additional host writes.
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- Additional enhancements to support FireFox, Chrome and Safari compatibility
- Added a new keyboard pop-up for easy access to function keys in web clients that lack physical function keys or typically do not present function keys in virtual keyboards
- New web page, FVTerm/iPadTerm.html for optimized iOS Safari support, enabling a solution for iPad users that want to access host applications from anywhere in their establishment
- Fixed web.config initial installation compatibility problem: the “Lucida Console” font was set as the default when it should be “Courier New”
Flynet Viewer Studio (Build: 184.108.40.206)
Screen Auditing Feature Enhancement
New capability to catch unexpected changes to host screens in Web Service and Enhanced UI Projects:
- When the new TaskProject and UIProject property “AuditScreens” is set to True, all “NextScreen” methods will include a quick check of the finishing screen to ensure any FieldMaps for that screen are correctly mapped.
- When a screen has not passed all tests after a configurable number of visits, an email is sent to a defined email address with details of the fields that are suspected of changing
- Each ScreenDef, FieldMap and Field definition have new properties related to the ScreenAudit feature. These are documented in a new Help File available in the Flynet Viewer Help Start folder under “Screen Audit Feature”.
- Further Details at: http://www.flynetsoftware.com/help/html/AuditExtensions/
Flynet Studio IDE
- Fixed bug-when loading a different Solution/Project, TaskTree was not properly cleared from the last project
- The Add Web Service Module wizard was not available for users with both web service and enhanced UI generation features. In recent releases, we added the ability to have both Web Service (ASMX) and web pages in an Enhanced UI Task Project, so that the Flynet navigation framework could be shared between web service and enhanced UI components.
Code Generation: All Project Types
- x64 Platform builds from Flynet Studio were leaving a 64 bit ViewerLib dll in the web project bin folder if the selected framework was below .NET FW 4. This resulted in a Visual Studio build problem, since Visual Studio runs the 32 bit ASP.NET precompiler, which chokes on the x64 ViewerLib.
- x64 Platform Building Batch files and Solution files for web site type projects were not running the ASP.NET Precompiler due to a Target Platform typo in the Solution and .bat file
- Navigation framework-tweaks to building “to” screen references in nameNavFrom methods so that more screens are navigated to (many were being dropped then NavToHome would break workflows)
- Active Flynet logging folder set as default (was hardcoded before)
Web Service Generation
- Web Application Type projects for Web Services were missing the ViewerLib reference, requiring it to be added by the VS developer
- The Visual Studio “Open” project item was not always displaying for Web Service Task Projects even after generation
Enhanced UI Solution Generation
- New UI Page Type: Stacked Pages; acts like a notebook only starts with first tab and is oriented vertically. As user selects different options in each screen, different (vertically aligned) tabs appear, reflecting screens that have been visited. User can click on the title/tab of any section to navigate back to that screen. Good way to combine multiple screen content in a single web page, with relevant information viewable from prior screens. Like notebooks, each tab can contain content from one or more actual screens. Stacked pages are built using the Notebook UI object, with a new property setting the Notebook as a Stack Pages vs. conventional.
- UI Framework – New FVPage method:PreserveUIState() (all FV ASPX pages are children of the FVPage class) — when called, will save the active IOBag contents so that if the page is used to launch another page (such as a popup), the fields will display with the correct contents. By design, Flynet ASPX pages do not use the ASP.NET HTML state objects, to prevent HTML bloat.
- UI Calendar Control – support added for 3-part date fields, where the MM DD YY are in separate web (and screen) fields.
- UI Tabbed Notebook – had issues with tab focus (fixed)
- UI Entry Custom Control – AutoSkip property added, so that when field is filled, will auto-tab to next field in form
- UI Panel element – extra Panel Div elements were being generated into UI pages even when all the fields in the Panel were filtered-out when on a Tabbed Notebook or other composite page. The extra panel divs are now skipped if no contained fields are generated.
- UI Properties for Notebooks, workflows and Composite Screens were incorrectly displaying a number of properties that only relate to web service TaskScreen objects (IncludeDataSetCreation, SimHostContextSupport, TestingMonitorSupport and ParameterOverrides)