Introducing the new SharePoint Web Part Generation Option for Enhanced UI projects, as well as Firefox Support added for Firefox 4.0 and above with the Flynet Web Terminal Emulator…
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components (Version: 4.1.44)
http://www.flynetsoftware.com/42aa/FVSetup64.exe (64 bit version)
FVTerm ASP.NET Terminal Emulator
- Firefox version 4.0 and above is now supported with the FVTerm web terminal emulator.
- Safari support was also brought up-to-date so that the latest versions of Safari now work both under Windows and OS/X
- Support for SharePoint web part hosting integrated with the Enhanced UI framework to enable both scripting with SharePoint as well as fast switching between enhanced and unenhanced screens as in a normal enhanced UI application
- The FVTerm assemblies are all compiled with strong-naming and “AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers” to enable setup as an application virtual folder running in a SharePoint Application Pool.
- Fixed irregularities with stopping a session so that the splash screen now reliably displays
- Better diagostic information is now displayed when a connection to a new session doesn’t work
- XMLHttpRequest is now used for IE if available instead of only for Safari
FlyServer Emulation Service (FlyServer.exe version 4.1.44)
- Long keystrings in VT environments could cause a runtime exception (fixed)
- Certain uses of the “Repeat to Address” command in TN3270 environments would result in incorrect screen layouts
- Certain combinations of Clear and standard screens were resulting in 20 second waits
- Recordings could be mangled and lose the last screen if the host was slow to end a connection
ViewerLib API DLL Fixes (version 4.2.22)
- Added a new HostScreen method: mapToJSON which returns a string with the requested screen’s fieldmap as a JSON object definition.
- Added the “writeKey” attribute to the Element with a field name in the HostScreen.mapToXml and HostScreenScreenToXml call, so that callers can determine if a returned field value is write-capable. The WriteKey is of the form [adjust]_Row_Column_Length where [adjust] is R or L depending on the right-adjust setting for the field in the active definition.
Flynet Viewer Studio (Build: 18.104.22.168420)
- UIProject added SharePoint optional generation; generates a project folder and Visual Studio project and solution that define a web part customized for the contained UI project and enabling embedding the ASP.NET UI project and Terminal Emulator in a SharePoint web page. Activated by setting the SharePointWebPart property to true.
- ASPX pages and html was edited in templates to minimize HTML formatting warnings issued by Visual Studio (for example, capitalized tags converted to lower case).
- Added additional properties to control a SharePoint web part generation: WebPartname, SharePointServer, WebPartTitle and WebPartDescription.
- Web Preview was incorrectly calculating which fields were readonly when defined as an entry field and set to dynamic attributes
- Added new UIField parameters to support clickable display fields that use a single character entry field as a popup flag. ClickToUpdate provides values to control if a display field should be clickable. ClickFocusField sets the target field to position the cursor to on a click. ClickEnterKey sets the enter key sent on a click. ClickToUpdateValue is an optional character to set in the ClickFocusField on click. ClickToUpdateTitle provides the text displayed when the mouse is positioned over the display field. BlankValueDisplayText can be set to text to display when the display field is blank.
- A new Screen Page template was implemented for the default Panels and Divs template which defaults to a table defined inside each UI Panel object. Panels and Divs with the Table default are now the recommended UI Web Page generation option due to the Visual Studio transition away from absolute position support in the designer.
- The UIPanel object has new properties for the default layout (tables)– CombineLabelsAndFields and RightAlignTDLabels, which are mutually exclusive. Each can be used to tune how fields and labels are aligne inside a panel’s table rows.
- The UITaskModule has a new property GlobalFunctionKeys which can be set to have all defined function keys always active even if an action button for that key is not defined on the active pages.
- The UITaskModule has a new property ContextMenuKeys which when set true will activate functionality that sets the right-click on any enhanced page to popup a list of possible function keys, enter and clear, so that a user can use right-click to send a function key. Any function key must still be mapped using an Action button or the GlobalFunctionKeys setting.
- RunUserScript is a new method in the base taskCG module that can be overridden. It will be called any time the action is set to *USR* in the active web form. Action parameters can be passed so that one override can handle many unique calls. Useful for AJAX requests from in-page script. Used for user calls from the SharePoint web part also.
- PostAndQuery is another new method added to base taskCG module–will post passed values in an ioBag to active screen and then return active screen field values as a JSON string. Used for SharePoint post-backs so that the active screen can be updated from the active web page, while also providing all values in a convenient form for the web part script to utilize.
- Generated code has a number of special FVDispatch.aspx requests for calling SharePoint functions, custom user functions and global function key presses.
- Popups now can contain an emulated screen (one without enhanced aspx page associated with it)
- Added HyperLinkLabel as a template for Labels–this will initiate generated javascipt to handle mouse hovers such that a mouse hover will trigger a DHTML Ajax rollover popup containing text from a help text screen. Valid for scenarios where the label preceeds a field that can accept cursor positioning and sending of the F1 key to trigger help.
- Added sample code in the [project]Rules.js file for adding an “X-Clock” image for UI environments that have hidden the status area but still wish to have the X-Clock feedback for users
- Display custom ASP.NET control (FVDisplay) was enhanced to support the clickable settings as well as fixing support for dynamicCSS support (setting visibility and attributes based on active screen attribute)
- FVEntry custom control fixed support for attribute=readonly as it was not always converting an entry field to a display field based on active attribute
- Added CSS support for Right-justified entry fields as set in Flynet Studio Field property
- Set right-adjust for code-generated tables (DataEntry and InlineView style FieldMap templates for multi-row)
- Fixed a bug with Multi-row field maps published with the DataEntry template type, where values were being left-over from a prior screen, as well as other issues.
- Fixed a bug in SharedNav Logoff method for Debug context
- Fixed a bug with multirow class when rowheight is greater than one: if actions or dataentry were set on the row, the calculation for the action/data entry was missing rowheight
Flynet Studio IDE Environment
- Improved support for loading applications from a different location than they were last saved. Locations of the .fvproj file will now always be relative rather than an absolute path.
- Fixed viewing recordings list when running in a separate folder from the Studio default
- Added fileVersion attribute to the Definition element in saved project files
- Core generation actions, such as for the IOHelper assembly are now performed with Strong Naming and AllowPartiallyTrusted callers attribute for SharePoint compatibility
- Fixed exception when trying to view a Heatmap for a screen with no recognition criteria and/or no attached screen to the screen definition
- Added new Help menu items: Developer’s Guide and On-Demand Activity Help
- Added new properties for TaskProject objects, which are parent objects for both Web services and UI projects (further described in Help): GenIOHelperProject and StrongNameAssemblies. StrongNameAssemblies will set private keys and other options for all generated projects so that the project assemblies (dll’s) can be added to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) which enables deployment to SharePoint sites.
- References for the ViewerLib and FSCProLib assemblies (the Flynet API DLL’s) were previously hard-coded to a c:program filesflynet installation location and were fixed to reflect the actual install location
- Fixed ShareNav generation for VT (character mode) hosts where certain calls were not using the correct reference
- Test case generation was enhanced to detect key columns in multirow selection screens and capture the key values used for a selection in a recording
- Debug.cs default folder if there is an exception was hardcoded to XP and WS2003 style temporary folder (c:Documents and SettingsDefault UserLocal SettingsTemp), fixed to use the Path.GetTempPath() folder name.
- Enhanced Pooled and Auto-logon sessions password editor (Winform project generated for any Task or UI project with Pooled or Autologon sessions): added a parameter which is the location of the encrypted password file, so that it is not necessarily hard-coded into the program (it was). Added a label to the Winform with a message informing the user of the optional parameter.
- Added an optional parameter to web.config (“LogonEncFileName”) that can be set to specify an alternate location to the .enc file for pooled and autologon sessions from the location compiled into the project.
- Added a number of “using” statements for popular namespaces in the SharedNav.cs module to make enhancements in the preserved user region easier to implement using these namespaces.
- True / False icons were redesigned to better represent state-flow
- The FVSViewer.exe program which is installed to the Flynet Studio bin folder provides the ability to view logic schemas externally from Flynet Viewer Studio. An Export As Images option was added, which creates a set of JPG files facilitating the documentation of a logic schema in paginated environments such as PDF documentation of an application.
- A Recent Files option was also added to the Schema Viewer
- Additional element types were added to the Logic XML Schema to support SetVariable, SendKeys, WSCall, Event, LogError and MethodCall tests and actions. This enables post-editing of schema logic xml files to reflect enhancements to programs, as well as utilizing the xml logic schema for documenting non-generated programs using finite state logic.
- Searches can be initiated from an external caller by setting the search argument as the second parameter after the log file name.
Visual Studio Add-In
- Sort was added to method displays when overriding or listing as for some modules the list can be extremely long of the available methods
- Fixed resource loading to work in non-US locales
- Fixed a problem with execution on x64 systems and the Program Files folder name as well as registry access for Flynet settings
- Fixed views for ScreenGroup screens, which were missing the screengroup name in menu lists