A few fixes and enhancements
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components (Version: 4.1.39)
http://www.flynetsoftware.com/42u/FVSetup64.exe (64 bit version)
ViewerLib API DLL Fixes (version 4.2.18)
- A serious bug was fixed related to recognition in multi-core environments. In rare circumstances, two buffers arriving simultaneously to two different sessions that each have a recognition wait active can result in both sessions receiving the same recognition result, even if the screens in each session are different. While rare, in a production environment with many sessions or web services that rapidly “pound” through screens, an incorrect recognition can occur. This bug will not effect Flynet servers running in virtual machines that are allocated a single CPU core, and will not affect servers with single cpu cores. All customers running a Flynet application on multi-core environments are encouraged strongly to update to this release.
New System Taskbar Service Controller (Blue FV and Red S Icons)
A re-write of the SCControl.exe program was completed, moving from a C++ MFC application to a c# .NET application, which provided compatibility in the native 64bit environment as well as some enhancements:
- The “Red S” and “Blue FV” icons are now installed and activated in a 64bit install. With this fix, 64bit platforms have full parity with 32bit in terms of Flynet Application support and functionality
- Flynet Emulation Service Flynet Microsoft Management Console menu option to display the MMC console easily from the blue FV icon
- Flynet Emulation Service Restart menu option, with optional, coordinated restart of IIS, useful when testing and a Flynet IIS application has a lock on the shared FV memory
- Application Log Viewer – the graphical application log viewer that is included with Flynet Studio has been made a part of the base product install, and has a menu option from the blue FV icon–this provides superior analysis of runtime application logs produced by Flynet Web Service and Enhanced Web UI applications
- Status Balloon messages: as service start/stop/restart and other actions are completed, a balloon tip is displayed above the appropriate icon indicating the change in status or the result of an action, such as a Simulated Host Compile request
Flynet Emulation Service (FlyServer.exe)
A few fixes:
- Fix: VT220 response capabilities added a scrolling option for compatibility.
- Fix: VT100/VT220 cursor position report would provide inaccurate screen size information following a host positioning of 255;255 (used by VMS hosts to detect screen size settings)
- For TN3270 environments, setting in the registry to use VTCustomKeys will cause the response on an RPQ request to mimic an Attachmate emulator (default is IBM PCOM)
Flynet Viewer Studio (Build: 22.214.171.124282)
Bug fix: When adding a new label, the label’s relationship in the Solution treeview was not properly initialized, leading to sometimes odd UI behaviors.
UI Generation and Testing
- Panel Divs page templates and support were further refined to better generate table-based web pages for a wider variety of screen layouts. The CombineLabelsAndFields property was added to the UIPanel object as an option when generating the standard Panel template, which orients fields in tables.
Flynet Telnet Recorder (Version: 1.9)
VT100 and VT220 terminal types were not being initialized correctly, so that if a host did not explicitly set the line WRAP option or active TAB settings, then relied on the defaults, the conversion of the .LOG file to standard Flynet .REC file would produce poorly formatted screens.
In the User Interface, a new “VT Level” radio button set was added, as the initial settings for VT100 terminal types are different than VT220. When recording VT100, the VT100 level must be set for the proper initialization of the WRAP option.