Flynet Viewer 2016DL Enhancements and Fixes
- Security Enhancements to Flyserver.exe Emulation Service
- New License Manager with Smoother Server Installations
- Flynet Studio Adds WebApi RESTful JSON option for Web Service TaskModules as well as a new ScreenAPI Task Generation action–this includes generation of a SWAGGER.JSON file to enable integration with a broad variety of web application frameworks and other clients such as Xamarin c# apps.
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components (Version: 5.0.356 October 12, 2018)
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.356)
- Fixed moderate memory leak that impacts clustered servers (Aug 2 and later builds)
- New license verification integrates with the Inventu web service to ensure non-counterfeit versions of the Viewer server are being installed by customers.
- License verification no longer requires the use of a license .fvl file to install on “locked-down” servers. If a server has no outbound http access, a dialog is displayed with a URL that can be copied and pasted into a web browser on the remote desktop client PC. This URL contacts the Inventu licensing server and returns a long text string to be copied back to the setup.
- The FlyServer.exe now verifies that the active code-signing certificate is by Inventu Corporation and that no modifications to the binary have been made (security enhancement)
- New PowerShell Scripts have been authored to assist customers in upgrading servers with new versions. These are available via the FlynetSoftware.com downloads page.
- When updating an existing server during the uninstall of the prior version, if the Event Viewer was open on a FlyServer.exe event, it could cause the system to reboot! This has been fixed.
- Introduction of new configuration user interface – FVTerm/Config/EditHosts.html provides new way to manage host definitions with integrated help and a “New Host” Wizard. This is first module in a family that will be integrated and provide far easier management of all the functionality in the Inventu Flynet Viewer Emulation Service. Future modules include full FVTerm web server (replacing directly editing web.config) and EditProfiles which introduces the Profile definition, providing flexible management of the client UI and connection options on a more granular basis.
- Can now specify Codepage 1140 – UK with Euro
- Evaluation keys are now limited to 10 sessions per server to prevent production use with unauthorized keys- evaluators needing larger configurations can request a short-term subscription key from Inventu
- Added new Copyright Notice.rtf found in the .bin folder documenting all copyrights for the core emulation service
- Added support for terminfo kend (end key) definitions
- Added Codepage 1140 – UK with Euro
- Better synchronization for file transfer operations
- VT protocols now catch an undocumented protocol command that stops box-draw character mode
- During IND$File, prevent a client timeout in FVTerm when the closed browser detection is active
- Fixed bug with 3270 IND$File transfers and very large files
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- Fixed a localStorage problem with initialization that causes some emulators to only show a blank welcome page on connection to the SCTerm.html page. Anti-virus programs and other settings can cause an exception when testing for the presence of localStorage. This will no longer break the emulation environment.
- Websockets continued improvement in screen synchronization and error recovery, reducing the incidence of the client needing to refresh to clear an error due to network instability and tighter control of cleanly closing the socket.
- Touch screens default to web entry field—in April versions, if default is a terminal emulator style, touch device users needed to know to touch the cursor to get a keyboard to use. With the update, the keyboard on touch devices will automatically display.
- Updated Azure AD Documentation to match changes to the Azure Administration Portal
- Updates to the AutoPrint Server-side macro which provides similar multi-screen printing to IBM ZipPrint©
- Added versioning to server-side macros so that a new version can be deployed to a live server without needing to over-write an in-use assembly
- FVTermParent.js added a completion function call to the StartMacro function as well as an “atServer” parameter to indicate the macro is server-side.
- Updated server-side macros to include target host list and target active directory groups so that a server-side macro can be maintained in the root folder instead of copied to each host folder it applied to
- Macros/CfgAdmin.htm has been updated with a few new configurable items interim to adding all the new configuration editors and wizards that are part of the configuration upgrades for Viewer 2018
Flynet Studio (Build: 188.8.131.52)
(Available on request – Please email email@example.com for a download link)
Flynet Studio Base Framework
- Added the Roslyn Compiler to the install to enable support for the latest version of CodeSmith 8.0 generator. Further work was performed to make template caching fully functional between sessions. The result is vastly improved generation speed both for “first time” use and subsequent executions of the Flynet Studio.
Flynet Studio Web Services Design and Generation
- Added new TaskModule Web Methods type: Web API
- When Web API has been specified for a TaskModule, a new context menu item is available on the TaskModule: ScreenAPI / Generate New ScreenAPI Tasks for Module. This generates a GET and if screen has writable fields, a POST Web API method for each screen containing at least one FieldMap
- The ScreenAPI / Generate New ScreenAPI Tasks for Module can be run at any time and any screen that has not had methods generated will have a new Screen GET added and a POST added if there are writable fields defined on the screen.
- For Web API Modules, a full Swagger.json file is generated fully defining the GET and POST operations for each task in the module.
- Added new TaskModule property – LogonAsPost which ensures that any credentials passed in a logon will not be part of the url (security enhancement)
- Integrated Visual Studio Package Management for NuGet functionality for the necessary packages for the .NET Web API implementation. For workstations with no Visual Studio installed (not recommended for Studio!), NUGET will need to be installed – see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/nuget/what-is-nuget for more information
- Tweaks to improve navigation